Cancellations or reschedules made 48 hours prior to arrival will be charged for the full rate of each room night reserved.
Cancellations made 3-14 days prior to arrival will forfeit the original deposit required at the time of booking.
Cancellations made 15-30 days prior to arrival will result in a refund of the deposit minus a $25.00 non-refundable administration fee per unit reserved.
Reschedules made 3-14 days prior to arrival will result in the deposit being carried over to the new date(s) for a period of 90 days, minus a $50.00 administration fee. The new reservation date must fall within 90 days of your original arrival date based on availability. Rescheduled reservations must have the same length of stay & rate equal to or greater than the original reservation. Reservations not completed within 90 days will forfeit the remaining deposit.
Reschedules made 15-30 days prior to arrival will result in the deposit being carried over to the new date(s) for a period of 90 days, minus a $25.00 administration fee. The new reservation date must fall within 90 days of your original arrival date based on availability. Rescheduled reservations must have the same length of stay & rate equal to or greater than the original reservation. Reservations not completed within 90 days will forfeit the remaining deposit.
Guests who shorten their stay within 14 days prior to arrival are liable for charges based on the reserved rate for all canceled nights. All early departures will be charged the reserved rate for each night canceled.
No fees or charges will apply for cancellations or reschedules made 31+ days prior to arrival.
The Stone Cottage is advertised as no pets. We do stick to that rule so guests with allergies can book with confidence.
Early Check In/Late Check Out
We are not able to offer late check out or early check in at this time at our Bluemont lodging in northern Virginia wine country.
We are following Industry approved enhanced cleaning and sanitation guidelines which takes significantly more time to complete.
We are changing 100% of the bed linens and sanitizing all items including duvets, comforters, blankets, pillow shams, pillow cases, and sheets.
Additionally, after cleaning, we sanitize frequently touched surfaces including door handles, key pads, light switches, knobs, counters, appliances, charging stations, bed side clocks, etc.
Thank you for your understanding as we work diligently to provide as clean as space for your stay as possible.
The Cottages, Farm and Winery at Bluemont, warmly welcomes all guests and visitors. However, due to the historic significance of the cottages and the topography of our farm and winery, the property is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers are listed below in a detailed description of each cottage:
So all guests can enjoy The Cottages at Bluemont, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following with description for those with disabilities:
- The The Stone Cottage is a historic property that was previously used as a shelter used for horses. Having undergone a full renovation to maintain the historic integrity of the property, it does have a few obstacles, including a step down to access the cottage from the parking area, there are two steps inside that lead chrome the living space to the bedroom, there is also a stone lip dividing the shower from the sink area.
- The The Blue Door Cottage is an original log cabin built in the 1800s. Consistent with the architecture from the time period of which it was constructed, it has uneven floors throughout, and narrow staircases that act as access points to the bedroom doors to the two upper queen bedrooms. Upon entry there are two steps from the stone pathway to the gravel parking area. The main floor is all one level, including access to the back deck, and the large shower has a tiled seat.
- The The Brewer’s Cottage was originally built in the 1940s as a Bluemont residential home. It has two steps from the gravel parking area to the main entrance. The shower has a tile step in.
- The The Farmhouse hosts guests on the main floor at all one level, including access to the back deck. It has two steps from the gravel parking area to the main entrance. The shower has a tile step in.
Accessible accommodations on the property:
- We do offer designated wheelchair parking at our tasting rooms and Farm Market with gravel parking surfaces.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to Experience Bluemont can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 540-554-8439 or email us at email@example.com so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 540-554-8439 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.
The Cottages at Bluemont is a United States based business which complies with applicable laws to protect your personal information. As a data controller, upon consent, we will collect and process your personal information in order to provide you with superior service, analyze your travel and accommodation preferences, and inform you of specials, packages and events. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Individuals located in the European Union have a right to change, request deletion of, or know the extent of personal information collected by our business. Unless required to do otherwise by law, we will honor requests to update, correct, change, or delete personal data following successful identity verification.
The Cottages at Bluemont has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which guard against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the personal data in our possession. Customers and visitors will be promptly notified in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of personal data.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of our customers, shall to the best of our knowledge, be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with country-specific data protection regulations.
- We only collect personal data to be able to deliver accommodations in a safe and legal way for both us and the guest and in line with required regulations.
- As we only use personal data for the purposes mentioned in the point above, we assume guest gives consent by a clear affirmative action (entering their own personal data by themselves and confirming the reservation by pressing a button in the system).
- We collect the following personal data: name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card data.
- We never collect personal data for accompanying children under 16.
- We never use personal data for profiling purposes.
- We never sell or use personal data that we have received to a third party.
- Subscriptions to receive email updates will be held indefinitely.
- You may request deletion of your data from our marketing databases by opting out of consent.
- If you wish to update, remove, or add to the information collected by our website or held by our marketing team, you may submit your request on our website or by email to email@example.com
- Any incident related to a data breach or theft of data is immediately reported to the Privacy Commission.
Customer Access to Data Requests
- If a customer asks for their personal data, we will provide it free of charge.
- We communicate the personal data we store to our customer both through the booking confirmation and in the arrival information. The only exception to this rule is credit card information which we only send encrypted and only upon specific request.
Visiting Our Website
By visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process personal data collected or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary.
Visitors to our website may opt-out of cookies storage at any time and prevent the setting of cookies by means of a setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
We operate an email mailing list program used to inform consented subscribers about news, specials, and events. Users subscribe through an online automated process where they give their explicit permission. The subscriber’s personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons, tracked clickable links, or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to the customer’s engagement, geographic, and demographics. Through our emails you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.
Subscriptions to Newsletters
Our customers are informed regularly by means of a newsletter about offers, specials and events. The customer may only receive our newsletter by (1) having a valid e-mail address and (2) the customer consents to the subscription.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter is only used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the customer at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the customer has given, may be cancelled at any time. To unsubscribe to our newsletter, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by email or in writing.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Visitors to our website should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.