Things to Do in Bluemont and Northern Virginia
Nestled on a mountainside of the Loudoun Valley, The Cottages at Bluemont provide endless opportunities to immerse oneself in nature, as well as enjoy the full Bluemont experience. With less than five-minute drives to Dirt Farm Brewing, Bluemont Vineyard, Henway Hard Cider and Great Country Farms Market, Bakery and Pick-Your-Own experiences. Come connect to the country with the multitude of things to do in Bluemont, Virginia.
We Have a Bluemont Experience for All Seasons
No matter which season you choose to experience Bluemont, this special piece of paradise, located on the first ridge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is certain to delight.
the Bloom of Spring
Renew & Refresh with Spring Activities
Spring brings color and fresh smells to the mountain as flowers and trees come bursting back to life after lying dormant throughout the winter. More than warm weather, spring represents rebirth and renewal for all the animals, plants and crops that create the beautiful Bluemont experience.
- Enjoy the bloom! From cherry blossoms to apple blossoms, settle in to enjoy a brunch board at Bluemont Vineyard or Beer-mosas at Dirt Farm Brewing and soak up the views of the beautiful petals in full bloom
- Savor the tastes of the farm with the first harvests of the season. Pro Tip: Don’t miss out on trying the farm fresh asparagus. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever tasted!
- Oh the cuteness! Cuddle up to the gentle baby goats at Great Country Farms.
- Sip the annual spring cider release “Hatch” while listening to the sweet sound of chicks peeping at Henway Hard Cider
- For those who seek something vintage, be sure to coordinate a visit during the annual Luckettet’s Spring Market and Antique Show in Berryville, featuring more than 200 of the best “vintage hip” vendors on the East Coast.
the Sweetness of Summer
Have Fun in the Sun During Summer
Discover the inner farmer that lies within us all and soak in the true sweetness of summertime with a visit to Bluemont. A harvest in the hot summer sun is deserving of afternoon relaxation with a delicious cold craft beverage in hand, overlooking the endless sun-kissed vistas of the picturesque Loudoun Valley. A perfect Blue Ridge Mountains Getaway!
- Experience “Pick-Your-Own” peaches, plumbs, green beans and fresh sweet corn at Great Country Farms
- Cool off after with an afternoon wine slushie or “Som Peach” pint at Bluemont Vineyard. Pro Tip: We recommend booking the Veranda at the vineyard to soak up the best views of the valley in the shade!
- Create a personalized farm-to-table experience with your harvest from Great Country Farms and local meats and cheeses, paired with your favorite craft beverages from Dirt Farm Brewing, Henway Hard Cider and Bluemont Vineyard
- For those seeking adventure, enjoy a day on the Shenandoah River tubing, and then settle in and relax with a private happy hour at The Brewer’s Cottage
- For those seeking tranquility and romance, enjoy the morning summer sunrise from The Stone Cottage
- Families and children at heart will marvel at the fireflies dancing about the flames over the fire pit at The Blue Door Cottage
the Harvest of Fall
Frolic in All of the Fall Fun
While every season is a great season in Bluemont, there’s something especially delightful about grape harvest season on the mountain!
- The cooler temperatures mean one thing – leaf peeping season! Don’t miss this magical time of year at Bluemont when nature paints the landscape with oranges, yellows, reds and purples. This fall foliage can’t be missed!
- Start your morning with a hike to Ravens Rock, part of the Appalachian trail offering a stunning overlook. Pro Tip: This is a great hike to enjoy with a furry best friend, so be sure to book The Blue Door Cottage or The Brewer’s Cottage, both are pet friendly options.
- Enjoy an afternoon in the crisp fall air gathering your harvest at Great Country Farms’ Pick-Your-Own apple orchards
- Grape harvest is in full swing at Bluemont Vineyard! Each harvest season over 120 tons of grapes are pressed directly on the mountain and are a sight to see. Join in on the action and, “Crush with Us,” as you barrel stomp grapes in true “I Love Lucy” fashion!
- Enjoy an evening of cider sippin and bonfire sittin’ to live music at Henway Hard Cider. Pro Tip: For a truly unique farm experience, coordinate your stay during an “Adult Corn Maze” night. Fall flannels are encouraged!
the Magic of Winter
Illuminate Your Life with Winter Activities
Bluemont invites guests to jingle all the way through the most wonderful time of the year with enhanced vineyard experiences in celebration of the holiday season, with magical activities continuing all winter long.
- Take part in the annual Lighting of the Vines at Bluemont Vineyard, an illumination celebration of over 10,000 vines with holiday lights, mentioned by Martha Living Stewart Magazine as one of the top Christmas celebrations in the country!
- Families will enjoy a visit to the whimsical Winter Wine-derland, Bluemont Vineyard’s holiday pop-up located at The Stable, nestled amongst the vines half way up the mountain, offering cookie decorating, marshmallow roasting and cookie and wine pairings.
- Enjoy mid-day strolls through our historic Bluemont village for unique shopping finds
- Cozy up fireside with a blanket and a glass of the Bourbon Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon at the Bluemont Vineyard tasting room
- Enjoy a day or night out on the town with a visit to neighboring Middleburg or Leesburg, both rated as two of the best preserved and most picturesque downtowns in Virginia
- Spark a little romance with your Valentine in February and partake in the annual Bluemont Vineyard Corks & Cupcakes event, followed by a stay at The Stone Cottage. Pro Tip: For those looking for a Galentine’s Slumber Party Getaway, enjoy a stay at The Blue Door Cottage, offering spacious accommodations.